The 10Gbps Ultra Low Latency Ethernet IP solution offers a fully integrated IEEE 802.3-2015 compliant package for NIC (Network Interface Card) and Ethernet switching applications. This ultra-low latency solution is specifically targeted for demanding financial, high frequency trading and HPC applications. A fully-integrated version where the ultra-low latency 10G FPGA IP core solution is targeted for Solarflare® SFA7942Q ApplicationOnload™ Engine (AOE) is also available.
As shown in the figure above, the 10Gbps ULL Ethernet IP solution includes:
- Ultra low latency MAC; Tx = 12.4ns , Rx = 15.5ns; (32-bit user interface mode with FCS Generation and checking)
- Ultra low latency 10GBase-R PCS; Tx = 12.4ns, Rx = 12.4ns;
- Technology dependent transceiver wrapper (includes clock PLLs) for Altera and/or Xilinx FPGAs
- Statistics counter block (for RMON and MIB)
- MDIO and I2C cores for optical module status and control